An Integrative Fitness Program for a Strong Resilient Body
Build a strong core, improve your posture, help prevent injuries and feel the difference right away!
full body workouts
for spine health
Can you relate to any of these scenarios?
- You wake up feeling stiff or achy
- You feel fatigued, tense and sore at the end of the day
- You spend long hours sitting in front of a computer
- You feel out of touch with your body after an injury, post pregnancy or during menopause
- You want to improve your performance (golf/tennis/running/yoga/dance etc.)
- You want to do exercises that will increase your longevity and help you stay fit as you age?
Imagine if, right now, you could:
- Relieve your aches and stiffness
- Release tension from your muscles
- Move easily and confidently without pain
- Feel more resilient, aware and in control of your body
- Build a strong base for other activities
- Improve your strength and fitness as you age
And at the end of the day feel great in your body!
Does this all sound to good to be true?
It’s not – It’s actually completely possible, and even expected!
Hi, I’m Danielle.
Pilates Teacher and fitness trainer.
I believe everyone is capable of feeling better in their body, in the way they move their body no matter their age, gender or limitations.
All of us are meant to move and feel good in our bodies.
Our bodies are intelligent
Our bodies are always communicating with us.
It is our job to create the space for healing.
When any sort of discomfort shows up, it’s an opportunity to make changes and create a plan.
Becoming aware of our bodies means tuning in to the discomfort and pain to begin and strengthen our healing journey
I have a holistic approach to fitness, and I believe that movement is incredibly healing both physically and mentally.
You may have noticed that often the motive for exercising is to look a certain way.
For many people their goal is to lose weight or gain muscle.
These are perfectly acceptable (and important) reasons to exercise! But I’ve noticed that *sometimes* unless someone is trying to improve how they look, exercise isn’t always a priority to them.
As humans, we also need to address HOW we move and use our bodies so we can prevent injuries and train for activity as we age.
Building sustainable fitness starts with a good foundation.
This includes a good understanding and awareness of breathing, core stabilizing, posture and spine awareness, and overall balanced strength and flexibility
With these elements in mind I create customized programs that help my clients learn about how to move their bodies while improving their fitness so that they can achieve:
▸ less back pain
▸ better flexibility and mobility
▸ improved awareness of their body in terms of posture, breathing and balance
▸ improved strength and balance
▸ more energy and stamina
▸ less injuries
▸ enjoy longer endurance activities
▸ faster recovery from sports or strenuous activity
▸ reversal of the effect of gravity on their spine and alignment
We all need and deserve to have ways to keep their bodies in top shape for whatever life throws their way!
It’s never too early – or too late- to improve your health and well-being.
I created a program to offer the type of results I was seeing in myself and my clients.
I wanted this work to be accessible in an organized way to those people who are looking for a more integrative approach to their fitness, and who understand that movement is important for health.
Let me introduce you to:
An online functional fitness coaching program for a strong resilient body.
Improve your posture, strengthen your core, build a balanced body.
Spine Align is a program that introduces the principles and fundamentals of fitness in order to achieve many benefits, including (but certainly not limited to): stronger core, healthy spine, less joint pain, improved balance and overall better and more connected body control
People of all ages, experience and fitness levels can benefit from building awareness and training for resilience. This requires that we understand the details of how the body works. The specialized and carefully sequenced workouts in this program are different from other exercise programs because of their specificity and detail. It’s what makes the difference! You start where you are ….it doesn’t matter if you’ve never exercised, if you used to exercise and are getting back into it after a hiatus or injury, or if you are already in shape but want to add more detailed and specific training. You can build your best body with these workouts.
[[ stopped here ]]
If I could recommend the most effective and safe way to address back pain, this would be it.
These methods are both beneficial for developing body awareness, mindful control, and a healthy spine. When posture improves, breathing improves, and then balance is easier to achieve as well.
ELDOA is a French Acronym that in English would translate as “LOADS” (Longitudinal Osteo-Articular Decoaptation Stretches). It is a technique created by French Osteopath, Guy Voyer D.O., that creates space in specific levels of the spine by putting tension on the fascia by way of muscular strength. Benefits include less compression, improved blood flow, healthier spinal discs, greater mobility and more!
Pilates is a method created by Joe Pilates that works the body to lengthen and stretch the spine with control – in all the directions it was meant to move. Pilates exercise is dynamic, and it’s meant to be practiced with certain guiding principles: centering, control, concentration, fluidity, precision and breath.
This program can be modified for all fitness levels.
Pilates and ELDOA are each very effective in their own right. However, over the years working with clients of all ages and fitness levels I have found that…
Pilates and Eldoa have a great deal of synergy.
This program combines workouts from both disciplines as a great way to address the fitness of the spine, alleviate back pain, prevent injuries, improve performance and encourage a sense of well being.
Pilates is very dynamic and invigorating. It encourages a mind-body connection to perform the movements with control, flow and intention. There are many ways to approach a particular workout. For the purpose of this program I chose mat sequences and exercises that focus on balance, breathing and posture.
When you do Pilates, you encourage circulation, improve strength and flexibility, and coordinate movements with breathing. The matwork requires no equipment and the resistance is your own body weight against gravity. It is easily modified for students of all levels of fitness.
Now you might be asking…
What is ELDOA?
ELDOAs are specific positions that put tension on the fascial lines (the tension is created by your own muscle strength) of the body in order to create space in a targeted joint. While the positions look static, there are many tiny movements happening to maintain the posture and create the stretch.
Back pain is mainly caused by compression due to poor sitting/standing posture, poor body mechanics, carrying heavy things (shoulder bags, backpacks, etc.) muscle imbalances, or genetic conditions (like scoliosis), since we are all under the force of gravity 100% of the time.
When you do an ELDOA posture you are creating space at a specific joint. Therefore you are also improving joint awareness and posture, increasing blood flow to the area, decreasing pressure on the discs and alleviating pain. It is essentially creating traction against gravity with your own muscular strength.
“If your spine is inflexibly stiff at 30, you are old; if it is completely flexible at 60, you are young.”
– Joseph Pilates
Spine Align combines workouts from both disciplines as a great way to address the fitness of the spine, alleviate back pain and bring awareness to breath and balance.
The beauty of this program is that anyone can do it.
It is suitable to all levels of fitness and experience. Total beginners can get amazing benefits, as well as seasoned athletes. In fact, many professional athletes actually do both Pilates and ELDOA to stay in shape for their sports.
You start where you are. With this program, we start at the foundation and build, and you go at your own pace. The exercises start out very basic and with a lot of details to ensure you are doing them optimally for your body.
If you find a particular exercise that is not possible for you to do, I will personally find a modification that can be customized for your body.
I know how to meet you where you are at to get you on the path towards the results you want.
But don’t take my word for it, take theirs!
“With Eldoa, I feel almost immediate relief of whatever problem I had when I started the session. I’ve noticed more flexibility in my joints, and awareness with my positioning and alignment. I find it more challenging and interesting than regular standard exercise routines.”
“Incorporating ELDOA into my regular Pilates workouts with Danielle has helped me to have a straighter spine and more space in tight areas.“
“Since starting ELDOA with Danielle I feel much more flexible, and I’ve developed a stronger, straighter spine. I like that it targets very specific areas of the body and can help strengthen my weak spots. “
Get started now!
What’s inside the Spine Align Program?
- The program focuses on workouts for Posture, Breathing and Balance.
- Each section has short targeted videos that can be done at home with no equipment needed.
- Each video is a well rounded workout that includes warmup, strengthening, stretching, and ELDOA (spine decompression exercises).
- Breathing and awareness exercises.
- Classical Pilates sequences and exercises that are safe, modifiable yet challenging and beneficial for most healthy bodies.
- Clear, detailed explanations and instructions about how to do the exercises and movements.
Is this program the right fit for you?
Who is Spine Align for?
Spine Align is designed to specifically support people that:
- Have concerns about at least one of the 3 areas: posture, breathing, and balance and want to learn how to improve
- Want to follow and learn holistic and effective ways of restoring the body
- Are ready to create a practice of exploring how the body can heal itself with the right approach.
- Want to supplement their existing fitness routine with a way to keep their spine and nervous system healthy.
“You are your own best therapist”
– Guy Voyer
“Pilates and ELDOA totally compliment each other. After these workouts I feel more space and length in my spine and more range of motion. I also feel less compression in my spine, not only in my lower back but also in my thoracic spine. As with Pilates, ELDOA stretches and postures help me to feel more extension in my body and less stress and tension. Doing a regular practice of Pilates and ELDOA has significantly reduced the number of acute flare ups. Practicing ELDOA with Danielle has helped my posture, eased my back pain, improved my muscle tone, and increased my overall body awareness. I love that Danielle knows stretches for every body part and ache so that her practice is very individualized and responsive to my particular needs.“
Ease back pain, improve posture and feel better in your body working out from home!
What kind of results can you expect?
- Less pain
- More energy
- Increased strength and stamina
- Improved posture
- Deeper, more controlled and connected breathing
- A better understanding of your body
- A difference in the way you carry yourself, feeling taller, longer and more spacious
- Better sleep
One of the best things I hear from clients is that because they feel better, they make other healthier choices as well, such as being more aware of hydration, eating better and getting more sleep.
What will you learn in Spine Align?
- Stretches for the spine to decrease back pain and improve posture.
- Breathing techniques that will calm the nervous system and allow for more efficient movements.
- A Pilates sequence that you can customize and return to again and again, in order to deepen your body awareness and monitor your progress.
- Modifications for different limitations and conditions, so all sequences are safe for MOST people.
- How posture affects not only how you look, but it’s effects on your overall health
Most importantly, you will create a personal practice that you can rely on, and feel empowered to improve how you feel.
“I feel the awareness I gained with ELDOA has helped me to understand Pilates better. I definitely see results! I have been doing Pilates with Danielle for about 3 years. I am a musician and I have scoliosis, it’s helped me be able to sit straighter and play piano longer. I find it to be a pain reliever because it decompresses my back. After I do the exercises I have better posture and I can more easily maintain it. It has been so helpful for my posture and my overall body stability.“
“I have a completely different body after working with Danielle. I had been stressed, out of alignment and had lots of pain due to an inflamed disc when I first began Pilates. Over time I noticed much better awareness, flexibility, strength and resilience. Danielle is especially good at adapting exercises to the specific needs of older people, and modifying the exercises to fit my body.”
How exactly does it work?
There are two options to choose from:
🤸🏼♀️The Coaching Program
- 3 months access to all pre-recorded on demand workouts
- your own personal account inside our private members area
- PLUS one monthly private 60 mins session with me, when we can discuss your progress and I can help you to customize your program to get optimal results
- AND access to me via email throughout the program so you ask questions in between sessions and receive extra support
🤸🏼♀️The Independent Program
Available only for Coaching graduates
- 3 months access to all pre-recorded on demand workouts. It’s a self paced option that you can access at any time, from anywhere
- your own personal account inside our private members area
As you can see this is so much more than just an exercise program!
👉🏻 It’s a guide for you to learn, explore movement and progress in your own body, and create a personalized practice that benefits you in a holistic way.
👉🏻 I fully explain the exercises with all the details and modifications. Like any skill the more often you practice, the more you will see results.
👉🏻 You are able to revisit the videos as many times as you feel you need to practice.
👉🏻 As soon as you sign up you will receive access to our private members area so you can start right away, and progress at your own pace!
👉🏻 I am with you every step of the way as you go through these sequences and you are welcome to email me with questions.
It is your time now to feel good in your body!
Foundational Pilates and ELDOA for Spine Health.
Improve your posture, strengthen your core, build a balanced body.
Private Sessions + Full Digital Program Access
- Monthly private 1:1 sessions with me for 3 months.
- Access for 3 months to the full Spine Align Program tailored to your specific needs
- On demand video lessons so you can workout anywhere and on the go.
- Access to a private coaching page through the clients’ portal to ask questions and receive extra support from me in between sessions
“I have had many Pilates instructors through the years and Danielle is an absolute standout! Through her careful observation she is able to identify my strengths and weaknesses and customize my workouts. I really appreciate that she is so flexible in her approach. Danielle has also introduced the ELDOA Method to my fitness program which is helping to relieve compression in my spine so that I feel taller, healthier and stronger.“